Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Christmas Cookie #8: Chocolate-Orange Espresso Thins

Whew. This could well be our last cookie of the Christmas season. If I don't get called to sub tomorrow, there is a possibility that I'll make some sugar cookie dough to decorate with the kids this weekend, but time is running out and there are so many other things that need to be done. Still, the boys are getting older and soon enough they won't want to do that anymore, so I should probably take advantage of it while I can!

Anyway, today's cookie was selected by DH - another cookie by Martha Stewart (definitely one of my favorite sources for cookies). Last year, I didn't get around to making his Christmas Cookie pick until March 25!!! I didn't want him to feel neglected this year, but his cookie was last again - this time due to a little trouble getting the correct espresso powder. At least I still got it done before Christmas!

This is yet another shortbread-type cookie. You get just a hint of the espresso, just enough to boost and enhance the chocolate, all with a hint of orange coming through. A very nice cookie that would be great with coffee or a nice cookie to serve with a brunch. Since it is a shortbread type, I expect that the flavors will improve as it sits.

No comments:

Post a Comment