Pages

Friday, September 02, 2005

Small Appliances

Just when I think I have all the little appliance gadgets I need.........wait a minute........I DO have all the appliance gadgets I NEED, it's more about WANT. Anyway, these are the toys that make my kitchen more fun:




KitchenAid 5-Quart Mixer

I love this mixer. No more tired arms from mixing stiff cookie dough and kneading bread dough is a cinch.








Zojirushi 5 1/2-Cup Neuro Fuzzy Rice Cooker

Love this appliance! I use it to cook rice, oatmeal and polenta. Search my blog for "rice cooker" to find more posts about using this handy appliance.








Cuisinart 11-Cup Food Processor











KitchenAid 5-Speed Blender










Cuisinart Hand Blender

I have the corded version of this stick blender. It's very handy for pureeing soups without having to transfer hot liquids to the blender and back. I also use it to puree my marinara sauce and for making apple butter.








Cuisinart Waffle Maker











Cuisinart 1 1/2-Quart Ice Cream Maker








Cuisinart Griddler

This is a very handy little appliance. You can use it as a griddle to make pancakes, as a grill to grill meat or as a panini-maker. Check out these links to see recipes I've made with my Griddler:
whole grain pancakes, cheesesteak panini, caprese panini, grilled chicken panini, basic pancakes

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:53 AM

    OK, we already have most of the appliances you listed there. I only have a couple to quibble about.

    I hate electric waffle irons. We picked up a cast-orin waffle iron, and have never looked back. The waffles are wonderful, take the same amount of time to cook, and clean-up is a snap.

    My other quibble is the ice cream maker. For the $100 more than that Cuisinart. you can have a ice-cream maker that doesn't require pre-chilling OR rock salt. We love ours. It's the Lello Gelato Junior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty - I like the idea of not having to chill bowls! I don't know if that one will make it to my kitchen since I do have one that works, but if I ever have to replace the Cuisinart.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:45 AM

    Nice blog....

    ReplyDelete