Pages

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Finally....

...a little time to blog.

Tonight - a big shout out to Anna of Cookie Madness (which appears to be in the middle of a renovation at the moment). Anna was the grand prize winner of the 42nd Pillsbury Bake-Off contest. How cool is that????? I first got to "know" Anna on the Cooking Light Bulletin Boards which are all a-buzz today with the news.

For her efforts, Anna won $1 million (!) and a set of stainless steel kitchen appliances. If, like me, you missed seeing it on TV, here's a link to MSNBC where you can find video of her exciting moment. Just scroll down to "More Today Show Video" and click on the arrows until you find the "6/14" clip. She’ll be appearing on the Today Show tomorrow morning to cook up her winning recipe. Now if only I remember to actually tape it. Congratulations, Anna! I can’t wait for your own write-up on your blog – details, details! You really need to take a peek at her recipe to see how waffle "Dunkables" fit into a savory chicken and stuffing dish! Very creative!

Joy Behar from The View has just announced that
Anna is the Grand Prize Winner and has won $1 million!!!!

Anna's winning recipe: Baked Chicken and Spinach Stuffing

The other night we made a Rachael Ray recipe from the 365: No Repeats cookbook I bought the other day. The boys loved it - in fact, DS#2 was in tears tonight because I asked him to share the leftovers with his brother. I don't know if that's good or bad???? I thought the dish was good, but it needed some tweaking before I’d be excited about making it again. But I can see why the boys liked it – ground beef, pasta, and cheese – all very kid-friendly. Maybe that’s why I wasn’t crazy about it – no vegetables (or not many)! I found this slightly different version on Food Network that looks promising too.

I hope to be back tomorrow night with a pork and panko review.......until then..........

No comments:

Post a Comment