Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2006

What's for Dinner? (1/26/06)


I decided to resurrect one of our summer favorites for dinner tonight - Mexican Chicken Salad with Chipotle Salsa Dressing. Too bad I didn't look back at my OWN recipe or I might have remembered the lime juice in the dressing and the avocado in the salad (I have 4 avocados and completely forgot them!). Ah well, it was still good.

However, I have to get DH used to grilling in this house. The grill is downstairs on the patio off the basement. He keeps coming upstairs to the kitchen and forgetting the food! In the old house, he was the master of perfectly grilled food, but in this house I've now had overcooked chicken and had a hamburger a few weeks ago that was so overdone I had to peel the burned parts off. Yes, I could grill it myself, but I would be daft to take over the one cooking chore that is DH's domain! My MIL made that mistake and her DH never grilled again!

Another reminder - I'll be working on getting the recipes posted for Virtual Recipe Club this weekend. But don't worry - if you don't make it in time, I'll still add your recipe. In fact, I can keep it on my side bar and continue to add recipes that I, or others, try at any time. After all, I hope to continue to try new wholegrain recipes. So far we have 5 participants, some with multiple entries. Hope we have many more by this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. That looks really good Alysha! Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete