Patti over at Adventures in Food and Wine has tagged me for the 7's Cooking Meme. Thanks - looks like fun!
Seven Culinary Things to do Before I Die
1. Make a great deep dish pizza.
2. Learn to make sushi.
3. Get some really good knives.
4. Create a great Vodka sauce.
5. Get another recipe published.
6. Learn more about making great sauces.
Seven Things I Can't do in The Kitchen
1. Anything involving candy.
2. Cake from scratch is often a failure in this kitchen.
3. Chop quickly - I'm a slow chopper.
4. Toss a pizza crust - I'm a spreader, not a tosser - I'm just sure it would end up on the floor, covered with dog hair.
Seven Things That Attract Me to Food Blogging
1. It is a great creative outlet.
2. Reading other blogs expands my horizons.
3. Keeps my mother up to date - she can come here and read when we haven't talked for a while. :)
4. It's a great way to put that HTML class I took online to good use.
5. It inspires me to cook and try new recipes more often - I just have to have something to write about!
6. It's a cheap hobby. ;)
7. It's fun to see my page rank and counter stats go up.
Seven Thing I Say Most Often While Cooking
1. I was JUST at the store. I can't believe I forgot ___________ .
2. Bailey - MOVE!
3. Honey, can you please make the salad?
4. What should we have for dinner?
5. I was SURE I had an extra ____________
6. Honey, do you feel like grilling?
7. Where's the vegetable peeler? (for some reason, this gets misplaced more than any other item in my kitchen)
Seven Cookbooks I Love - I think I have a problem here. I don't love cookbooks. Is that shocking? It's true. I love gathering recipes from LOTS of different sources and I rarely fall in love with a whole cookbook. So, I'm including my favorite sources in addition to a few cookbooks that tend to refer to pretty often.
1. Cook's Illustrated's New Best Recipe
2. Martha Stewart's Hors d'Hoevres Handbook
3. Everyday Food from Martha Stewart
4. Cooking Light magazine
5. Cook's Illustrated's Soups and Stews
7. Cook's Illustrated's website
Seven Cooking Shows I Can Watch Over and Over Again
1. Good Eats
2. 30 Minute Meals
3. Iron Chef America only, not the original
4. The Food Network challenge shows
I'm posting this without it being entirely filled out. I'll try to finish tomorrrow!
It's not too late to join in the first Virtual Recipe Club round-up! I'll be posting this weekend, but probably not until Sunday. Stay tune for an announcement of next month's theme......