I share the new recipes here on the blog, but that doesn't account for the other things we throw on the table during the week that don't get included here on the blog - either because they are repeats or because they are not very exciting or because they really don't constitute "cooking" at all.
Our weeks are usually a combination of very easy and quick dishes, along with hopefully a few new or at least more exciting dishes. The boys both have activities on Tuesday and Thursday nights, so those are the nights where you're most likely to see something like grilled cheese and tomato soup. I also tend to keep sides very, very simple unless the main dish itself is very simple.
Since I find it fun to get a peek into what others do each night, I thought I'd start doing a weekly recap of our weekly dinners and anything else of note that was baked or cooked in the kitchen.
- Pumpkin-Cinnamon Streusel Buns
- Vietnamese-Spiced Pork Chops
- roasted sweet potatoes with garlic, ginger, and soy sauce
- roasted mixed vegetables: red pepper, mushrooms, red onion, zucchini
- Roasted vegetable omelet - using up roasted veggies from Monday night
- Chicken Quesadillas - chicken, black beans, bell peppers, onion, cumin, lime, chipotle powder
- apple and pear
- Wegmans ravioli with Marinara
- Farfalle with Creamy Wild Mushroom Sauce
- mustard greens sauteed in olive oil, garlic and lemon juice (these did not turn out well at all, thus no recipe sharing or photo)