Pages

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Weekly Recap

For whatever reason, I find it interesting to see what everyone cooks up in their kitchens on a daily/nightly basis. I'm always curious as to how often people cook, what kinds of sides they pair with what dish, etc., etc. Over on the CLBB, people often share their menus for the upcoming week. I used to love to do this, but I found that I rarely followed the plan - something always happens to throw off the menu - so I figured that telling you what I DID make would be much easier and more accurate than telling you what I plan to make.

I share the new recipes here on the blog, but that doesn't account for the other things we throw on the table during the week that don't get included here on the blog - either because they are repeats or because they are not very exciting or because they really don't constitute "cooking" at all.

Our weeks are usually a combination of very easy and quick dishes, along with hopefully a few new or at least more exciting dishes. The boys both have activities on Tuesday and Thursday nights, so those are the nights where you're most likely to see something like grilled cheese and tomato soup. I also tend to keep sides very, very simple unless the main dish itself is very simple.

Since I find it fun to get a peek into what others do each night, I thought I'd start doing a weekly recap of our weekly dinners and anything else of note that was baked or cooked in the kitchen.

Sunday:
Monday:
  • Roasted vegetable omelet - using up roasted veggies from Monday night
  • Chicken Quesadillas - chicken, black beans, bell peppers, onion, cumin, lime, chipotle powder
  • apple and pear

Tuesday:
  • Wegmans ravioli with Marinara
  • salad
Wednesday:

Thursday:
Friday: Leftovers!

Saturday:
Not much baking this week - but I did experiment with a few things that didn't make it onto the blog. With the holidays approaching rapidly, I'm predicting that this week will yield quite a bit more baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment