Pages

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wednesday Weigh-In (6/7/06)

(Click on chart for a larger view)

A very quick post tonight just to recap last week.

On the positive side, I walked every day and did better on my food intake. On the negative side, I did not get any weight workouts in and I went over the average for how many calories I'd like to consume. Ideally, 1500 is the average I'm shooting for - with <1500>

I don't think that my eating or exercise performance is totally responsible for the weight loss, at least not directly. I tend to see a big decrease during the first week or two that I start to watch what I eat. My theory is that when I overeat, I retain more water - once I get back to responsible eating, I drop the water weight. I formed my little theory after watching the scales go up over holiday weekends when I knew perfectly well it was impossible to REALLY gain 3 pounds over a weekend (you'd have to overeat by 9,000 calories). But the scale would go up, only to go down almost as quickly after my eating habits returned to normal.

In any case, it's a move in the right direction and I'll take it.

Since I don't have time tonight, I hope to chime in later this week with a more substantive post, but I wanted to stick to at least some form of weekly weigh-in. I hope that some of you out there might join me. If you would like to post a weekly weigh-in, just let me know and I can include your link on my weekly weigh-in post.




, , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alysha! Glad I checked in tonight. The water weight never occurred to me. I'll have to keep that in mind.

    I'll likely hop back in the game next week with a Wednesday post. It's been a few weeks, and I think I need to refocus. Thanks for the little nudge.

    ReplyDelete