Pages

Monday, April 10, 2006

Gorgeous Weather!

And gorgeous weather means more grilling.

Kalyn's chicken recipe from VRC: Most Requested Recipe looked like just the thing to grill for tonight. I had most of the ingredients on hand, so I whipped up the marinade last night and marinated the chicken overnight. The only two ingredients I didn't have were the Spike and the celery root. I could tell that it would still be quite flavorful without those 2 ingredients, and indeed it was, but I look forward to trying the recipe exactly as written sometime in the future.

So many times I am disappointed when a tasty marinade ends up lending very little if any flavor to the final product. Not so with this marinade - the chicken had plenty of flavor. It's definitely a keeper.

I served the dish with chipotle roasted sweet potatoes and a cucumber-tomato salad with balsamic dressing. I think that counts as at least a good-carb meal, if not a low-carb meal, right Kalyn? ;-) No pictures though - my chicken looked a bit strange and definitely would not have photographed well.

In closing, I'd like to announce the theme for the next VRC. The warm weather has me craving all of our summertime favorites and one of our favorite summertime meals is a big salad with lots of different things thrown in. I've already shared some of our favorite salads, but I have many left on my list to try, so I hope this month's theme will inspire me to do so. Seeing as the response was better this last time around, I will go back to making VRC a monthly event, so you have until the end of April to get your links in to me. Remember, you don't have to try a new recipe, you can simply share a tried and true favorite, even one that has already been published on your blog. Simply send me your link and mention VRC: Salads somewhere on your blog and you're done. Easy!

Tune in tomorrow for yet another night of grilling - if it's not too windy. Dinner will include 2 of my boys' favorite dishes - dishes that are so easy to make that they can practically make dinner themselves!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alysha. I'm glad the chicken tasted good for you. You're right,the Spike and celery seed are optional. Love the new theme of salads.

    ReplyDelete