Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Virtual Cookie Swap!


Sorry I didn't get the post out yesterday. I had to attack some household duties and had already spent quite a bit of time on the computer - guilt attack.

So, now that Thanksgiving is behind us, it's time to focus on Christmas! Can you believe it? Time is just flying for me.

I'd like to keep the rules, if you can call them that, really simple. Simply post recipes for the cookies you are baking (or perhaps have already baked) this holiday season. If you don't have time to bake, feel free to post your favorite cookie recipe(s). I think it would be great if everyone could also try and review a new cookie. Again, there are no absolute requirements here, but it would make it interesting to read and for us as bakers. Also, please include any traditions about baking during the holidays or any stories about or behind your recipes.

That's it. Pretty simple, really. I don't think there's a need for a hard and fast cut-off, but just for the sake of it, let's say that the cut-off is the 20th - after that point it's crunch time and we'll all be busy with other things. Still, if you have something to add, don't let that date stop you.

I'm not sure exactly how I'll post the recipes yet, but I'd prefer if you email them to me at lindrusso AT yahoo DOT com. That will help me keep them more organized.

I don't think I'll get around to baking this weekend. I still can't taste much. It's been quite depressing to eat dinner, not being able to taste a thing. Last night we ordered out, but I really need to cook something healthy tonight, so I guess I'll just have to suck it up. Still, I refuse to bake if I can't taste! I may head to the doctor tomorrow - this thing just isn't clearing up and may need antibiotics.

So.....ready, set, bake! I wish we could transport tastes and smells over the internet too!

Edited to say: In your email, you should give me a link to your posted recipe on your own blog. Sorry! I wasn't thinking clearly before! However, if you do not have a blog, you can email me your recipe and I'll collect them and post them here for you. I want everyone to be able to participate, blogger or not! Please try to include a picture whenever possible. Thanks!

Also, I'll try to post results as they come in, flagging new entries and perhaps bumping the post to the top as I add new recipes. That way we can drool as the weeks go by instead of having to wait so long.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in. This is my recipe:

    http://peloquin-charest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Helene. I'll be posting the first few recipes this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete