Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Is it Thanksgiving or the middle of January?

We have snow here in Indiana. This is the second year in a row that we've had a white Thanksgiving. Don't get me wrong, I like snow, but in small doses and only when it's expected, not too early and not too late. Picky, aren't I?

Now last year we only got a few inches of snow. This year we could get walloped. Counties to the west of us are looking at 8 inches, some counties are even calling for 18 inches! I'm not quite sure what we're supposed to get here, but I've sent DH out to get our snow shovels out of storage just in case since we're just east and south of the counties under the winter storm warning - you just never know. There's also a wind advisory, so even a small amount of snow could create big problems if there is a lot of blowing and drifting.

Snow does, however, make for great cooking weather. Tomorrow's Thanksgiving and we're not going anywhere and no one is coming here, so it can snow like heck and it won't ruin our plans.

I love our quiet Thanksgivings with just the 4 of us (or 5 if you count Bailey) - it's become a tradition. We don't travel to see anyone else and no one comes to see us (not that we wouldn't welcome guests if they chose to come, of course). It's nice to putter in the kitchen with the boys, knowing there are no deadlines and if anything goes wrong it's no big deal - it's just us. No pressure or stress, just time to spend together, talking, cooking and just being.

Tomorrow.........Turducken..........the rest of the menu..........and giving thanks.

3 comments:

  1. I'll be shoveling sunshine tomorrow - does that count? Hee hee!

    I can't wait to hear about your turducken! Too cool! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too woke up to a White Thanksgiving!! IT was a very nice surprise. I told my Dad Happy Thanksgiving and he looked at me and said well Merry white Christmas-ha!
    Happy Thanksgiving Alysha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous, Joe! I don't know how I'd do with heat and sunshine all the time, but it sure appeals to me as an outsider. And I don't care what anyone says, dry heat IS much better than when it's hot and humid! I remember being in Tucson when it was 115ยบ and it was hot, but in a place that was humid, it would have been unbearable!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Mona - and to everyone else as well!

    ReplyDelete