Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2005

What's for Dinner? 10/30/05

It's very hard to get good seafood in Indiana or sometimes any seafood at all. Our local grocery stores have a very shabby selection, shameful really. I can get good seafood in a town about 40 minutes away, but the location is obviously not convenient and you have to be willing to pay at least $12 a pound and the prices go up from there.

It was a treat to see that Meijer (our best local resource for seafood) had swordfish on hand last week, so I snapped up a piece and put it in the freezer. I'm usually at a loss as to what to do with fish, so I searched through my cookbooks and found the recipe below. It was easy to put together and was very flavorful. The recipe made quite a bit more sauce than was necessary (and we like a lot of sauce), so I froze the remaining sauce for use at a later date. I served the fish with whole wheat couscous and roasted asparagus. I realized later into the dinner that this dish has not one drop of oil, so no added fat - an added bonus.


Ready for the oven

No comments:

Post a Comment