Pages

Thursday, November 03, 2005

3 eggs.....

That's what I had to work with for baking last night - 3 eggs. I had two schools to bake for and therefore, 2 batches of baked goods to make. My plan was to make 2 pans of Blondies and call it a day. Alas, there were only 3 eggs left in the fridge and I did not feel like running to the store. So....I started sifting through my recipes to see what I could make using only 3 eggs. I settled on 1 pan of Blondies and a batch of Giant Chocolate Chunk Cookies. This way, I could send a bit of each to each school without looking too skimpy.

I love this recipe for chocolate-chip cookies. It's a variation that Val over at the Cooking Light boards posted of Anna's recipe over at Cookie Madness. Follow that??

I used to be a Toll House only girl, but I finally started branching out and trying new recipes last year. I love the flavor of Toll House, but I find that Toll House are more soft than chewy and I am really fond of a chewy cookie. I also love the heartier, more substantial cookies that I've had at various bakeries. The Giant cookies have a great buttery flavor, but are not super soft - they are crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside. I don't make the cookies giant - I prefer regular-size cookies. The batch I made only made 24, so sadly (but also fortunately) I was not able to sample very many. The recipe I am including here will be doubled for a more typical batch of 48.

Check out the recipe below - it includes a variation for using toffee chips and macadamia nuts too.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I might be persuaded to break off the Tollhouse recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mona - I encourage you to give them a try. I still love the Tollhouse, but these are great too.

    ReplyDelete