Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas Cookies 2007: Chocolate Sandwiches

As I said before, I'm still trying to catch up with my recipes - I haven't even finished posting the holiday cookie recipes yet!

This cookie is from, shockingly enough, Martha Stewart. It's a time-consuming cookie that involves lots of rolling, cutting, chilling, icing and assembling. In other words, not something I would normally pick to make so you can be sure that this was chosen by one of my sons.

Chocolate Sandwich Cookies

Although they turned out to be one of the prettier cookies we made this year, it was my least favorite. I thought the chocolate cookie part was uninteresting and I didn't really care for the white chocolate filling either (but I don't care for white chocolate in general, except on the Oreo Truffles). DH, however, thought the cookies had great chocolate flavor while one son agreed with me, so I guess it's a draw.

164-6439_IMG
The recipe calls for cutting the dough into little squares, but I found it much easier to use a cookie cutter, so we ended up with round cookies and scalloped edges - cut them however you please, it's all good.

Many more recipes to come - more cookies and several vegetarian recipes from the Jack Bishop cookbook - but it will be hard to catch up because I'm also cooking new recipes almost every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment