Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More Chocolate and Peanut Butter

You might think the Chocolate Peanut Butter Crunch Cake would satisfy my peanut-butter chocolate craving for a long time to come, but as soon as it was gone, I was craving more. I probably would not have followed up on that craving except that we had a guest coming to spend the night with us and well, I needed to make something for him, right?

I went to my favorite food source, the CLBB, and posted a thread asking for everyone to share their favorite chocolate-peanut butter recipes. It's turning out to be a tasty thread indeed. Joe from Culinary in the Country was one of the CLBB members to respond. I often drool over the baked treats he posts on his blog and I often troll his blog for good baking recipes.

Peanut Butter Bars
Chocolate and Peanut Butter Filled Peanut Butter Blondies

As expected, these peanut butter blondies did not disappoint. Unlike some peanut butter recipes I have tried, these were not crumbly or dry, but nice and moist. My only complaint is that they did not have a chewier texture. What can I say, I am fixated on chewy. I think the Peanut Butter Brownies I made a while back were closer to the texture I prefer. That said, I would not hesitate to make these again - a moist peanut buttery dough laced with bursts of bittersweet chocolate and more peanut butter. What could be bad about that?

3 comments:

  1. mmmm Chocolate and Peanut butter, what more needs to be said, Heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum ,my first visit.....and I falling in love with those brownies,no more comments I'm going to the kitchen do now ..:)
    Wonderful blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie - I've been obsessed with anything chocolate and peanut butter!

    Sylvia - Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete