Pages

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Cookies

Tomorrow morning, I will be volunteering in the elementary school office, doing anything they need me to do, so I decided to bring in a little treat for them. A CLBB member posted these cookies a little while back and they sounded delicious.

These are very good. Unlike many cookies of this nature, they are made with all brown sugar instead of a combination of brown sugar and granulated sugar. As a result, they have that butterscotchy flavor that I adore and a nice, deep brown color (if you use the recommended dark brown sugar). They did not turn out to be the prettiest cookie in the world (I chose the best ones for the photo - more than few turned out quite lump and craggy), at least not for me, but no big deal there - the taste is what matters most to me.

A very good, solid cookie recipe. It's hard to compare them to other similar cookies I've made in the past since I can't compare them side by side and it's been a while between batches, but if memory serves me correctly, the Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Cookies may still be my favorite for this type of oatmeal cookie.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:32 PM

    Hey! I never received scrumptious cookies like this when I was in the classroom! Cheated...hmph...

    They look yummy - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...sorry, Chris! :) I plan to bring in cookies to the office again tomorrow. It could be a great way to ingratiate myself as a substitute...... ;)

    ReplyDelete