Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Nutty for Oats Cookies

Someone stop me! I can't stop baking from the KA Whole Grain Baking!

Today I tried one of the cookie recipes that had me intrigued. Two of the cookie recipes in the cookbook call for oats, but no flour. I was very curious to see how this kind of dough would turn out. They have one that is a bit more like a traditional oatmeal cookie with butter, cinnamon, and nuts. However, the other caught my eye because it included peanut butter and chocolate, two favorites.

The batter is quite wet, but these cookies do not spread, but turn out somewhat puffed. But I wouldn't describe this as a cakey cookie - it still has a nice crispness on the outside and a bit of chew. Not sure if this will still be true after sitting in an airtight container, but we'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

As I usually do, I reduced the chocolate chips - I really like the cookie flavor to come through - and 1 1/4 cups was more than enough for my tastes. The cookie is nice and tender on the inside, with a faint hint of peanut butter. Overall, a very nice cookie and a great choice for those who cannot tolerate wheat.

We have guests coming this weekend, so who knows what else I'll end up making this week - any excuse to bake some more. Maybe more cookies, some muffins and perhaps a yeast bread..............

No comments:

Post a Comment