Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Griddler, KAF Whole Grain Baking and more........

I feel the need to spruce up my blog coming on. I hate it when that happens. It's a lot of work!

Nothing really big in the plans this time, but you never know - ideas and changes seem to snowball and next thing you know you've gone from adding a few links to changing your entire template!

I've tried to switch over to the new blogger, but I think that my membership with Food Blog S'cool is making that impossible. What I'd really like to use in the new version is the ability to create labels.

For instance, I've made recipes from the KAF Whole Grain Baking cookbook and I've made several recipes using my Griddler. It would be nice to be able to quickly assign each of these posts a label and then have them automatically appear on my sidebar, making it convenient for visitors to search for different recipes or posts using more than the simple recipe categories I have in place now. There could be labels for whole grains, specific ingredients, etc. Infinite ways to organize and make things easy to find.

However, from what I've read, you need to use one of the new templates in order to use the sidebar widgets. So, in order to do what I want, I need to cancel my membership with Food Blog S'cool and possibly re-tool my whole site.

Sigh. Not sure that's going to happen any time soon, but I can still spruce up a bit.

In the meantime, keep an eye on my "What's in my Kitchen?" section on the sidebar. I have been posting different items I use in my kitchen and hope to make a lot more progress on it this weekend, adding more bakeware, cookbooks, appliances and add a category for specialty foods that I really like to use as well.

Until I can start using labels, I will try to post recipes that are relevant to the KAF cookbook, the Griddler and other items under the appropriate category. For instance, you can find links to Griddler recipes here and hopefully later on this weekend, all of the KAF recipes will be linked under a cookbook section too.

Who knows what this plan will lead to..........it could be a whole new blog by the time I'm done. :)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:16 PM

    I think your blog looks great as is. Always check it out and have tried so many good things.

    Hmm, might need to add a Griddler to my kitchen.

    Also, love how your boys have such foodie tastes for many things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous - I think you'd have fun with a Griddler. It's not perfect, but I like it.

    It's funny - my boys do have pretty sophisticated tastes and are pretty open to trying new things, but give 'em a burger and fries from a fast food joint and they're equally happy. :)

    Still, as a child I didn't eat HALF the stuff they eat, so I think they are off to a very good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:13 PM

    There is some ease of use to the new Blogger--but I still wouldn't have gotten started without your assistance and gentle push in the right direction. I think the blog looks great as is, but I don't think any of us would do it if we didn't like to tinker things to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I think the switchover will keep me too busy to do too much other tinkering, but I do get the itch about every 6 months or so!

    ReplyDelete