Pages

Monday, December 11, 2006

Using up potatoes and things around the house...

Well darn, no baking today. After working half days on Thursday and Friday, I was kind of hoping to not get a call to sub today. As I sat at my computer this morning, casually sipping my tea, I thought I was home free. Nope - I got a late call to come in and sub for a librarian who went home sick. I'm glad to have the work, but I didn't get much done around the house and definitely no baking.

Not much time to plan dinner either. I was dividing up a big package of ground beef from Sam's Club to put in the freezer when I remembered a cheeseburger soup mentioned on the CLBB. I searched a bit and as I thought, it's a recipe from Cate over at Sweetnicks. The soup became even more appealing when I realized that it would help me use up some potatoes and a bit of sour cream I had lying around.

As usual, I had to make several modifications to accomodate the ingredients we had available. All in all it was a hearty, yummy soup that we all enjoyed - including the boys who gobbled up every bite in their bowls. I'm sure it would have tasted a lot more like a cheeseburger had we used Velveeta, but regular cheddar was all we had on hand. Perhaps I have an excuse to buy some Velveeta, something I don't usually buy, but something I have to admit can be pretty darned tasty.

I have another cookie recipe from Sunday to share, but I haven't had a chance to take a decent picture. Back tomorrow with that.............unless I get another call...............

No comments:

Post a Comment