Now the fun and the giving begin.
I recently posted about this year's A Menu for Hope fundraiser. Well, the prizes have been gathered and posted and now it's time for us to start buying raffle tickets. Some of the prizes look amazing! Remember, all monies raised will go to benefit the UN World Food Programme.
Oh my, there are too many prizes to list! There are foods, wines, gift baskets, meals at fantastic restaurants and much, much more. For the complete list of prizes, visit Chez Pim. Each picture is a link to a prize(s). You can bid up until Friday, December 22 at 6 p.m. PST. I think it will take that long just to browse all the goodies!
Kalyn's Kitchen is the host blog for the central US and there are some great looking prizes from our part of the country. Food bloggers, check out that Photo Studio in a Box. Or maybe that iPod!
Want to get involved? Here's how you can help:
1. Go to the donation page at (http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhopeIII)
2. Make a donation, each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you'd like in the 'Personal Message' section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use
the prize code -for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for UW01 and 3 for UW02.
3. If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we could claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we could contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the result of the raffle. (The drawing will be done electronically. Our friend the code wizard Derrick at Obsession with Food is responsible for the wicked application that will do the job.)
Please take some time to open up your heart and your wallet for a good cause. As I am writing this, they have already raised $8, 850! Wow!