Pages

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Nothin' Cookin'

Due to a change in plans, the salmon dish has been postponed until tomorrow and my kitchen, for what seems like the first time in a long time was quiet.

I could get started making more things for our guests coming the weekend, but it's Thursday night and that means Grey's Anatomy.

You know, I can relate to Izzy's manic muffin episode. Baking is relaxing and comforting. I could see myself retreating, going into automatic - exercising control over something, anything, when everything else is out of control. Latching onto something familiar and routine and not being able to stop.......if you stop, you have to think about what you don't want to think about.

So, I'm off to pour myself a glass of red wine and get comfy on the couch.................

No comments:

Post a Comment