Pages

Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Lazy Sunday

I had grand plans for getting tons done today - laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping and bill paying. Instead, I sat in front of the computer and made changes to my blog. It was fun, but now I'm feeling guilty. But I'll get over it.

I wasn't even sure I'd have time to cook anything, but I discovered a little pesto in the freezer and decided to make one of our favorite standbys, Pesto Salmon. I served it with a box of Near East Wild Mushroom and Herb Couscous and a spinach salad.

Photo from Cooking Light

Pesto Salmon

We served a new wine with dinner. It was an impulse buy at World Market, a place full of impulse buys. This month they were featuring Timbuktu Big Block Red for about $10. Apparently it is produced only for World Market. While I liked the wine very much, it did not pair well with the pesto salmon - too much interference - a lighter wine would have been better. The wine is flavorful and fruity, but a bit on the dry side.

4 comments:

  1. I love the new look!

    And thanks for trying the World Market wine. I'm tempted everytime I go there. I think it's something about the flashy label!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changes look good! I'm still working on changing mine, but have had to put that project on standy by while I focus on work stuff. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind comments everyone. I was just planning to change the color of my links and ended up doing everything BUT changing the color of my links. :)

    It's fun to play, but I can get obssessed (and did) WAY too easily.

    ReplyDelete