Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Salsa Verde Turkey Burgers

Salsa Verde Burger

Source: Rachael Ray

1 avocado, halved and pitted
1/2 cup mayonnaise (I used 1/4 cup - that was plenty for 4 burgers!)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
salt
1 pound ground turkey thigh meat (I used a less-fat version)
1/2 cup salsa verde (My salsa verde - Wegmans brand - was a bit watery, so I drained it first)
4 slices (4 ounces) pepper-jack cheese (I used Monterey-jack that I had on hand)
4 Kaiser rolls, split
fresh cilantro
2 small green or red tomatoes, sliced

Scoop the avocado flesh into a small bowl. Add the mayonnaise and garlic and mash with a fork until well combined but chunky. Season with salt and set aside.

In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey and salsa. Divide the mixture to form 4 patties.

(We did these on the grill after chilling them for a bit.) In a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook the patties for 4 minutes on one side. Flip and top each with a slice of cheese; cover and cook for 4 minutes more.

Spread the avocado aioli on the split side of each roll bottom and cover with 1/4 cup cilantro. Top with a patty and 2 tomato slices; set the roll tops into place.

I talked about this recipe HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment