Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What's for Dinner? (2/21/06)

Photo from Cooking Light

I have a large bag of tilapia filets in the freezer (frozen is the norm for seafood in the Midwest, unless you live near a larger city or want to pay through the nose) and as much as I'd love to be able to have fresh seafood, I have to say I rather like these portion-sized filets that you can just pull out and thaw quickly. As long as they package it really well and each filet is vacuum-packed, the fish keeps quite nicely. Or is it just that I've been away from really fresh seafood for too long. This dish turned out great - everyone loved it, so it's definitely a repeater for us.


Tags: , , , , ,

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:35 PM

    The food looks great -- let me say, those meals that are planning after going thru the freezer or pantry look great. And, I know you others meals will be great too. I really enjoy your blog. I think "eating through" a freezer or pantry is a great idea. Great way to use up what you have. Just think your have your own "Iron Chef" going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, my very own Iron Chef - I'll have to remember that! :) It's economical and it also feels good to know that things re not going to waste. I also find that when you place contraints on yourself, you tend to be more creative.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete