Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Fruit Tart/Dessert Pizza
Source: a recipe exchange
My notes: A package of Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix will make up to a 16-inch pizza. I also use less cream cheese - you could easily use 12 ounces and probably even as little as 8 ounces.
1 package sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup almonds, finely chopped
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (I skipped this)
1 (12-ounce) package frozen raspberries, thawed (I skipped the sauce)
1/3 cup granulated sugar
Kiwi fruit slices (for garnish)
Strawberry slices (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 12-inch pizza pan.
2. Mix cookie mix according to package directions. Add almonds to mixture. Stir until thoroughly blended. Spread evenly on pan. Bake at 350° for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool completely.
3. Combine cream cheese, confectioners sugar and almond extract in medium bowl. Beat at low speed until smooth. Spread on cooled crust. Refrigerate until chilled.
4. (I skipped this part.) Combine raspberries and sugar in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer until berries are soft. Push mixture through sieve. Cool completely.
5. To serve, garnish tart with fresh fruit. Cut into wedges. Spoon raspberry sauce onto plates and place tart wedge on top.
I talked about this recipe HERE.