Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

More Blueberries....

Blueberry Buckle. My SIL makes this all the time and everyone always devours it. A classic coffeecake - a buttery moist cake with a crumb topping - what's not to like? I decided to turn again to King Arthur Flour's Whole Grain Baking. Not a low-fat or really healthy recipe, but at least it's made with whole grains.

Blueberry Buckle (158-5848_IMG)

The coffeecake turned out like a blueberry buckle should. It was moist and buttery. I was - GASP - out of granulated sugar, so I had to improvise a little - I used brown sugar in the topping (actually, I was surprised it called for granulated sugar here and I would always use brown sugar) and raw sugar in the cake - both seemed to work just fine. The only thing I would change in the future - I think the recipe could have actually used another 1/2 cup or so of blueberries.

Mmmmm...I have a delicious-tasting blueberry ice cream ripening in the freezer - more on that later. We've gone through more blueberries than I expected, so I'm hoping to head out to the farm again tomorrow and replenish our stock - it's supposed to be another beautiful day........

Edited to Add: I forgot to mention that Joe over at Culinary in the Country also baked up a Blueberry Buckle recently - a vegan version for those who are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment