Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2007

SGOTW #57: Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2000

While I've been MIA from blogging, I've also been missing out on the SGOTW games! I did get in a quick and simple dish for this week's game sometime earlier this week.

For this week's game, we were to go to cookbook #143 which, for me, turned out to be my Cooking Light Annual Recipes 2000. It was yet another busy night and I needed something healthful (to counteract some of the less-than-healthful eating we've been doing on the run lately), quick and easy. While leafing through the cookbook, I came upon a recipe for grouper or any white fish (I had tilapia on hand) that called for a charmoula (chermoulla, chermoula) sauce. Charmoula is a Moroccan marinade made up largely of parsley - another bonus since the parsley I planted is doing pretty well.

parsley

I did have to, as is often the case, change the recipe around a bit. First, I did not have any cilantro on hand, so we skipped it and add more parsley. Instead of using the charmoula as a marinade, I used it as a sauce. I didn't read the recipe correctly and did not have time to marinate the fish first. Besides, the sauce seemed to delicious to simply throw away after marinating the fish. Just as the fish was getting close to being fully cooked (I cooked it on the stovetop in a nonstick skillet), I added the charmoula and simmered it just long enough to heat through. This worked quite well and if I made it again, I'd be tempted to do it the same way.

Tilapia with Chermoulla

This is a great sauce for fish - it's very easy to throw together - just toss the ingredients in your blender or food processor and give them a whirl. Simple and delicious.

Don't forget to stop by the CLBB to see what others made for SGOTW #57. Cookieee has posted for SGOTW #58 and the number is 70. Until next week...........

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really good!

    I didn't plant any herbs other than dill this year. I'm beginning to have regrets I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erika - It might not be too late! Basil really likes it quite warm and often doesn't really take off until now anyway. You might see if there are any left at the local nurseries.

    It's so nice to be able to go out in the yard and clip what I want rather than buying the pricey bunches at the store!

    ReplyDelete