Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Quick and Easy Stir Fry

As stir fry recipes go, this one is relatively simple to put together. I've made this dish before, but it's been quite a while. It's too bad - it's something that I really need to keep in my regular rotation for a little variety. It's not the best stir fry I've ever made, but the amount of flavor you get from relatively little work makes this perfect for those busier weeknights. And the clean plates after dinner was over tells me that this was a definite hit with everyone - always a plus.

The recipe calls for slicing a pork tenderloin, my favorite cut of pork and the most tender pork cut, but you could easily use pork loin (just be careful not to cook it too long) or even chicken or beef. I was a little short on cashews, so I threw in some peanuts to add a bit of flavor - overall I'd prefer cashews, but peanuts make a very acceptable substitute.

Not too much else to say about this dish - it's low-fat, healthy, simple and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment