Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Butternut and Gorgonzola

I do have a sweet recipe to share from today, but I'll save it for tomorrow. This blog is becoming more sweet than savory lately! Maybe I need to change the name...........sweet and savory.......

When November's issue of Cooking Light came, I immediately dog-eared a recipe for butternut squash and gorgonzola pasta. I have only made 2 recipes involving butternut squash - a soup and a risotto - but have been actively hunting for more tasty butternut recipes . This time, the recipe called for diced butternut squash instead of a puree. I was a little leery of actually having to bite into pieces of squash since I'm really not a huge squash fan, but I figured the strong taste of the gorgonzola sauce would be a good way to try it.

The sweetness of the butternut squash pairs nicely with the sharp and salty gorgonzola. There is plenty of rich, creamy sauce, making it seem impossible that this recipe came from a healthful cooking magazine. I would definitely make this dish again, but I think I would caramelize the onions for a little added flavor. I was out of parsley, so no little pretty green flecks for us.

Mmmm...cheesey, creamy pasta - a nice way to end a wet, gray day.

2 comments:

  1. Kalyn - It was quite tasty. DH and I liked it, but we both agreed that the squash needed to be diced nice and small so as not to get too much in one bite. We're eating our squash, but we're still not huge fans. :)

    ReplyDelete