Pages

Monday, September 18, 2006

Bring back the Spinach!


I just heard on ABC News that organic spinach, including Earthbound Farms, has been cleared in the spinach recall. Well, I suppose "cleared" is not exactly correct, but so far, none of those who fell ill consumed organic spinach.

Natural Selection Foods really didn't have a choice but to recall - if they didn't and more people became ill or died, they'd face all kinds of nasty litigation. Still, it's hard not to think about all those perfectly good bags of spinach that ended up in a Dumpster somewhere...........

Hopefully they will bring back the spinach soon, but until then, check out this handy Greens Identification Chart at the Earthbound Farms website.

Tags: , ,

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Alysha, that chart is cool!

    I wish the spinach would come back also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti.

    I often look at mixed salads and wonder what the heck I'm eating, so I found that chart handy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chart is a great link. Thanks. And it is sad to think about all that spinach going to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill, thanks for stopping by.

    I like the toad on your blog! One of my favorite sounds at night is of the toads singing. :)

    ReplyDelete