Pages

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

VRC: Salad

Sorry for the delay, but here, finally, is the VRC: Salad round-up.

Participation was light this month, but I did not do a good job getting the word out to places like IMBB, etc. Lately I have lots of good intentions, but not enough time.

In any case, here is what I received and I think all of those who participated.

Zoubida, our French VRC hostess from Kitchen Culture, sent in her Bow Tie Salad, or Salade de Noeuds Papillons. Looks like the perfect salad for the summer months ahead.

Next up is Haalo from Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once with two recipes. One for Kipfler Potato Salad which looks seriously good.

and a salad that I have yet to try, Fattoush.


Next up, Erika from Tummy Treasure with an alluring-sounding Orange-Scented Couscous Salad with Almonds, Cilantro and Cucumbers.

Pat from Up a Creek Without a Patl wins for longest recipe title with her Black Eyed Peas and Spring Green Salad with Caramelized Sweet Onion Vinaigrette. That dressing sounds like a must-try! Beautiful photo too.
Ramya from Cooking Within My Grasp sent in an Indian-inspired salad of Cucumber and Dried Tomatoes.
And lastly, my own entry. We have lots of favorite salads, but this is one that I have not shared yet on my blog. It's one of our favorite quick summertime salads. It's very healthful and pretty too - Warm Salmon Salad à la Provençal.


That's it for this month's round-up. The coming month is going to be even busier than the last, so I'm considering taking a break from VRC for next month but would like to keep it going if possible. Would anyone be willing to host for May (to be posted at the end of May/1st of June)? If so, please email me and we'll work out the details.

No comments:

Post a Comment