Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2006

What's for Dinner? (2/16/06)

I did not feel like cooking tonight, but I scraped myself up off the couch and did it anyway. I'm always glad when I fight the urge to be lazy, but sometimes it's hard!

We tried two new recipes tonight. The first - Cajun Quiche in a Rice Crust - is from Cooking Light. It was okay - not something that I'd go out of my way to make again, but it was an interesting idea. It was one of those recipes that leaves itself wide open for modification and would be good for using up a little of this and a little of that - something I might try if I had some leftover rice that I wanted to use up.


Photo from Cooking Light

Our side dish was also new to us - not only the dish, but also the main ingredient - collard greens. My family, with the exception of me, is pretty lukewarm on the whole concept of cooked greens. I don't let that stop me, but it definitely slows me down. I liked them quite a bit, DH and DS#1 liked them okay and DS#3 barely tolerated them. Not altogether a failure for this house - sometimes mere toleration is all I can hope for!

Sauteed Collard Greens

Another reiminder that VRC: Potatoes is coming up this Sunday over at You Gonna Eat All That?. I am also going to give out a hint (hopefully not too easy) about next week's theme. Hint: Laissez les bons temps roulez.

: : : :

No comments:

Post a Comment