Pages

Monday, December 19, 2005

Is there such thing as too many cookies?

Nah. Nope. No way. But try telling that to my expanding wasteline.....

My son has a class party tomorrow and all the boys have been asked to bring a treat. As in the past, he asked me to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. Since the Cook's Illustrated recipe worked very nicely for my Peanut Butter Cup Cookies, I decided to use the dough again. This time, however, I did add the chopped peanuts and I cut the vanilla in half. The peanuts are a nice addition and I am no longer distracted by the strong taste of vanilla.

Although the batter is quite soft, the cookies hold their shape very nicely. I found that 10 minutes was just right for my oven. The cookies are nice and chewy and not as crumbly as many other peanut butter cookies I have tried. Very nice!

The recipe I linked to on Cook's Illustrated is actually a bit different from the recipe printed in The New Best Recipe, so I'm going to create a separate post for this cookie. It's confusing - their site has recipes that are very close to what is in the cookbook, but they often are just a little different.


Half of these cookies will be going to school and the other half will be saved to bring to my parents' house over the holidays. However, my mom is not as keen on peanut butter and chocolate as the rest of us, but no fear - on the pages following this recipe, I happened to notice a variation on their Chewy Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies that involves orange zest and almonds. I'm thinking dried cranberries too. Stay tuned......

No comments:

Post a Comment