Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Back Home Again

It's always wonderful and relaxing to visit my parents, but it's always nice to be back home too. Bailey did quite well on our return trip. Bailey is less than fond of the car, but we decided to brave the 12-hour car trip with him at my mother's insistence. On the first leg, he stood and panted the entire time. He wanted so badly to be up front with us, but within the first 10 minutes of our trip, he managed to completely entangle himself in the portable DVD player, so he had to be banished to the back. Still, he could reach his head far enough to the front to be petted by the boys. On the second leg, he finally relaxed enough to lie down and rest for most of the trip. He looked quite pitiful the whole trip, but I still think he must have preferred this to being kenneled. And at least he didn't barf like he used to as a pup......

Can I say how wonderful it is to be back on broadband????? Dad, it's time to update!

As promised, I've come back to post those recipes we made over the holidays. However, the Vichyssoise recipe does not seem to be online or in my New Best Recipe cookbook, so I'll have to track that down from my mom and post it later. It was delicious!

In the meantime, here are the other recipes. The Orange and Almond Oatmeal Cookies stem from another recipe, Chewy Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies, so I've included that recipe as well. Stay tuned for experiments with the new fryer, a possible new monthly blogging event here at TSN and my entry for Sweetnick's ARF/5-a-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment