Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

First day of full time!

Man, have I been spoiled the last 12 years! That's how long it's been since I've worked full time. And even then, I didn't do it with kids, a dog and a house to take care of. I do like it, but I can tell I'll have to be a lot more organized and on top of everything. No more leisurely mornings to myself to fit in shopping, errands, working out or just nothing. Welcome to the real world, huh? Hey, at least my first week is a short one - school is closed on Friday for fall break.

Tonight will be a quick and easy dinner of Mrs. T's Pierogies with whatever else I can scrounge up to go with it. I'd like to get a head start on tomorrow's dinner - spaghetti and meatballs - by putting on a pot of my marinara tonight that would just need to be reheated tomorrow, along with making the meatballs. I love having marinara and meatballs on hand in the freezer - a great homemade meal that you cook once and can keep in the freezer for really easy meals later on.

In the future, I'd love to try to get my grocery shopping done on Sundays, but until soccer is over, that probably won't happen. I'll try to get to the store tomorrow after school since the sauce will already be made and I won't have so much to do for dinner. Guess I'd better come up with some kind of plan for the weekend too....

Tune in tomorrow for the beef meatball recipe - it's a recipe from Cooking Light that calls for baking the meatballs which is much easier than doing them in batches in the pan. Tasty too.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:28 PM

    Hang in there. . .you're right, the secret is organization or perhaps having none and not caring. Seems like the folks in the middle have the most difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm not the type who can be disorganized and not care. I'm one of those who feels stressed by too much mess. Not that I'm not messy and unorganized at times, but I try not to be - keeps me sane!

    ReplyDelete