Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Infected computer - TweakXP is awesome!

Straying from the topic of food and cooking for a moment to say thanks and ARGH!

I just spent the last day or so trying to get rid of some sort of spyware/virus/trojan. As I was trying to blog on Tuesday night, I started having problems when I tried to switch between open internet windows - which, as anyone who blogs knows, you need to do quite a bit to check your updated blog.

We tried running all of our software (Norton, SpySweeper, Spybot, and Ad-Aware) - did find one problem but it was supposedly removed. Not so fast.

Anyway, we ended up at the TweakXP forums where a kind soul analyzed my HijackThis log and showed me what to run and what to delete. So far, all seems to be well.

I have to say that I do like the humor of some of these guys. There's a program called "CrapCleaner"and a site called "PC Hell" (hey, I think I've been there a few times!).

If you should ever need them, and I hope you don't........


Thanks Tweak guys! Now I am free to blog once again...

No comments:

Post a Comment