Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Culinary Aspirations - My Project List

Mostly as a reminder to myself, I am posting a list of my culinary aspirations.

(You know, I almost named my blog "Culinary Aspirations", but I thought it might end up sounding like something someone got stuck in their lungs!)

In any case here is my list:

Deep Dish Pizza - I would love to learn how to make good, deep dish pizza. My first challenge will be to find an appropriate pan, though I've read you can do them in a cast iron skillet.

Sushi - I think it would be a lot of fun to learn to make sushi. Not only does my whole family love sushi (mostly the kind without raw fish, but they will do raw tuna), but it would be a great thing to serve at or bring to a party. I've got some of the supplies, now I need to hunt down a few recipes. I wonder how hard it will be to perfect rolling it???

Naan - I have tried one recipe for naan and while it came out pretty well, it was not close enough. Although it will likely be near impossible to make it just like the restaurants - after all, I don't have a tandoori oven - I would like to see how close I can come.

The Perfect Brownie - Here at least is a project that I have actually made a bit of progress on. I have tried many very good recipes, but I have a very specific flavor and texture in my head and I have not yet found the perfect recipe for me. My perfect brownie is chewy (especially on the edges) and moist with a deep, rich chocolate falvor. Needless to say, my family LOVES this project. I almost don't want to find it.....then I wouldn't have a good excuse to keep making brownies!

Canning - I have never canned anything in my life as I find that freezing most things works quite well for me - we have a large upright freezer in the garage and limited cabinet space. Still, I'd like to learn how to can for things like gifts - I would like to make my marinara sauce to give away - kind of hard to do if it's frozen.

I'll add more as I think of them.....



No comments:

Post a Comment